[Biopython-dev] BOSC 2012 - Biopython Update

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:31:08 UTC 2012

Thanks for this. I'll keep it as LaTeX, since it already looks nice.

1. Several parts say "[to be revised prior to BOSC]" -- I take it we
have the option of updating our abstract shortly before BOSC, and this
is a note to the conference organizers that we intend to do so? To
save space and reduce distraction, should this be a footnote instead?

2. To save space: Do we need the line "Bioinformatics Open Source
Conference (BOSC) ..." after the author names?

3. Again to save space, and make room to cite the Phylo paper: can we
drop the citation for TogoWS, and add a few words of description in
the main text where it's mentioned? (We don't cite PAML, HMMer, etc.)

4. How do you feel about dropping inline citations, and just have a
list of \nocite references at the bottom? In a one-page abstract, it
should be easy enough for readers to figure out what's what.

-E