[Biopython-dev] BOSC 2012 - Biopython Update

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:23:03 UTC 2012

Eric and Peter;
Eric -- I'm glad you're taking this on. It'll be great to have a
Biopython presentation at BOSC. The points you mentioned all sound
great, although I would drop some of the more boring ones like the
installation stuff (I can pick on that, since it's mine).

My only other suggestions is to focus the talk around the people who've
provided the improvements. One of the awesome things about Biopython is
the wide contributor base and we still manage to pull everything into a
coherent package thanks to Peter's guiding hand. It would be cool to
emphasize this community as part of the update.

Thanks again for doing this,
Brad