[Biopython-dev] Sphinx documentation online ?

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 19:25:00 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Laurent Gautier <lgautier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen emails exchanges and issues on the tracker regarding moving
> the documentation to Sphinx, but I could not find an instance of the
> documentation for biopython online (I was looking for one to
> cross-reference it with documentation I am writing).
>
> Is this still work-in-progress, or is there an instance online and I
> missed it ?

Hi Laurent,

I proposed this a while ago and played with Sphinx a little bit, but didn't
get very far. We're still using Epydoc for our generated API documentation:
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/

I do hope to get back to this at some point, or perhaps assist someone else
with migrating Biopython to Sphinx.

-Eric