[Biopython-dev] GSoC SearchIO project

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 14:27:26 EDT 2012

While I think that the SearchIO module is a good idea, you may want to consider choosing a different name for this module. For Bio.Seq/Bio.SeqIO and Bio.Align/Bio.AlignIO, roughly speaking the class definitions are in the former and the parser is in the latter module. I don't quite understand why these two are separated into distinct modules, as to me conceptually the two belong together. Bio.SearchIO in my understanding will combine both the parsers and the class definitions, which is a good thing, but then I would prefer a name without "IO" in it.

Best,
-Michiel.