[Biopython-dev] NumPy dialog when Biopython installed from automated programs

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:55:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Awesome, thanks for the suggestions. I checked both of these in.
>>

> I'll test the branch today, and merge it to the trunk if it looks good
> on Python 2 / 3 / Jython / PyPy.

$ jython setup.py install
/Users/pjcock/jython2.5.2/Lib/distutils/dist.py:263: UserWarning:
Unknown distribution option: 'install_requires'
  warnings.warn(msg)
running install
running build
running build_py

That's with Jython 2.5.2 under Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Same with pypy 1.6,

$ pypy setup.py install
/Users/pjcock/Downloads/Software/pypy-1.6/lib-python/modified-2.7/distutils/dist.py:267:
UserWarning: Unknown distribution option: 'install_requires'
  warnings.warn(msg)
running install
running build
running build_py