[Biopython-dev] Enhancements to Bio.Graphics.BasicChromosome

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:40:56 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:

> Peter;

> This is awesome, thanks for extending it. All of your tweaks are good
> improvements, and I'm +1 for including it in the next release. Please
> improve away.

Awesome. I've applied the current branch to the trunk, although
I'm not promising there won't be changes to the new stuff between
now and the next release.

In particular, doing the labels (and their placement) for the whole
of a chromosome (and not just for a segment) would allow us to
squeeze in more labels (e.g. in example I showed using the
vertical space currently reserved for the telomeres).