[Biopython-dev] NumPy dialog when Biopython installed from automated programs

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:22:21 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:

> Great, glad that is working without any problems. I added a bit to the
> news about the functionality and usage. Thanks again for the help,
> Brad

I've noticed a probably regression on my Mac,

$ python setup.py install
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
running install_lib
running install_egg_info
running egg_info
writing biopython.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to biopython.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to biopython.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'biopython.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
warning: no previously-included files found matching 'Tests/Graphics/*.png'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'Tests/UnitTests'
warning: no previously-included files matching '.gitignore' found
under directory '*'
writing manifest file 'biopython.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
removing '/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/biopython-1.58_-py2.6.egg-info'
(and everything under it)
Copying biopython.egg-info to
/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/biopython-1.58_-py2.6.egg-info
running install_scripts

I never used to get these manifest warnings during a simple "python
setup.py install" (but I recall seeing them during the official build
process under Linux when we do the manifest step).

We could tweak the manifest file I guess...