[Biopython-dev] NumPy dialog when Biopython installed from automated programs

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:12:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Peter;

>> [...]
>>> How about this to avoid the warning by not passing the argument?
>>> https://github.com/peterjc/biopython/commit/78b965f48939c7395aab6e0919b86686443f640e
>>
>> That works great, thanks for looking at this. Having this in the next
>> release will be a big help for scripts using install_requires.
>>
>> Brad
>
> OK, I'll put that on the trunk then - thanks Brad.
>
> Peter

That all looks fine with the buildslaves, but the real
testing will be with random end user machines.

Brad, could you write a snippet for the NEWS file about
this? Basically when using setuptools to install Biopython
it will list NumPy as a dependency (except on Jython
and PyPy) and thus install it if not present already?