[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.57 release plans

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:37:07 UTC 2011

Hi all,

It is probably about time to do the Biopython 1.57 release.

Thanks to Tiago's work on the buildbot, see http://testing.open-bio.org
for this, we can be reasonably confident that all the offline unit tests
are passing on the main platforms and different versions of Python.
However, it would be a good idea for people to run the full test suite
on their machines now.

What (minor) issues need to be addressed?

Note I don't want this to be an excuse to land any big units of code (but
now would be a good time to discuss preparations for merging after the
release is done).

Would anyone like to proof read the current tutorial? You don't need to
mess about with LaTeX since there should be a nightly update here:
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.pdf

Regards,