[Biopython-dev] Sequential SFF IO

Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@bioinformed.com> bioinformed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:14:33 UTC 2011

Any objections/worries about converting the SFF writer to use the
sequential/incremental writer object interface?  I know it looks specialized
for text formats, but I need to split large SFF files into many smaller ones
and would rather not materialize the whole thing.  The SFF writer code
already allows for deferred writing of read counts and index creation, so it
looks to be only minor surgery.

There doesn't seem to be an obvious API for obtaining such a writer using
the SeqIO interface.  Am I missing something obvious?

-Kevin