[Biopython-dev] Port Biopython documentation to Sphinx

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:55:40 UTC 2011

Re: Feature #3219: Port Biopython documentation to Sphinx
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3219

and this thread last year:
http://portal.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2010-July/007977.html

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Kristian Rother <krother at rubor.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've seen Sphinx being used on several projects (see e.g.
> http://pycogent.sourceforge.net/cookbook/index.html) and tried it on one
> myself (2009). The system for mixing text+code and testing code examples
> is gorgeous!
>
> What I didn't like is that all Sphinx sites seem to look the same
> (including font sizes and colours). There probably is a place to apply a
> CSS stylesheet, but it was not easy to find. There might be some work at
> this point.
>
> Is someone trying to make a proof-of-concept on GIT or are we looking for
> a volunteer?
>
> Best regards,
>   Kristian

I think there was an experimental branch on github already... by Eric and/or
Vince, but his repository seems to have gone: https://github.com/vsbuffalo/