[Biopython-dev] 4/18 active questions tagged biopython - Stack Overflow

Feed My Inbox updates at feedmyinbox.com
Mon Apr 18 04:38:18 UTC 2011

// Are there any function that can calculate score for the aligned sequences give parameters?
// April 16, 2011 at 7:39 AM

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5686211/are-there-any-function-that-can-calculate-score-for-the-aligned-sequences-give-pa
I try to score the already-aligned sequences.
Let say

seq1 = 'PAVKDLGAEG-ASDKGT--SHVVY----------TI-QLASTFE'
seq2 = 'PAVEDLGATG-ANDKGT--LYNIYARNTEGHPRSTV-QLGSTFE'

with given parameters

substitution matrix : blogsum62
gap open penalty : -5
gap extension penalty : -1

I did look through the biopython cookbook but all i can get is substitution matrix blogsum62 but I feel that it must have someone already implemented this kind of library.

So can anyone suggest any libraries or shortest code that can solve my problem?

Thx in advance

--
Website: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/?tagnames=biopython&sort=active

Account Login:
https://www.feedmyinbox.com/members/login/?utm_source=fmi&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feed-email

This email was carefully delivered by FeedMyInbox.com.
PO Box 682532 Franklin, TN 37068