[Biopython-dev] DAS implementation

Jose Blanca jblanca at upv.es
Tue Apr 5 06:58:41 UTC 2011

El 04/04/11 18:28, Bernardo Clavijo escribió:
> Hello everyone, new subscriber here, hopefully lending a hand around
> from now on (Python fan working on bioinformatics, so this is the
> place).
> I've been searching for a DAS server/client but found none written in
> python. Since I'm writting some Chado+Gbrowse+tools web glue in
> python, don't want to attach a perl implementation or such.

Hi:

I've no idea about the DAS server, but I'm very interested in the Chado
stuff. We're building a django application to browse a Chado database.
It is still not completely ready, but you can take a look at:

http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/git//?p=gene_web.git;a=summary

We were thinking about showing this code in the Chado mailing list once
completed in case anyone could be interested in using it and improving
it. But here it is. If anyone could be interested, it is free software,
we like AGPL, but we're open about other free software licences.
Regards,

Jose Blanca