[Biopython-dev] test_PopGen_SimCoal.py on Windows

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 14:42:18 UTC 2010

2010/11/10 Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:
> Hi Tiago
>
> Is/was test_PopGen_SimCoal.py working for you on Windows?
> I'm getting "Output directory not created!" under Python 2.6

This code is used 99.99% on Jython (as the fdist/dfdist code and
genepop parser, BTW). I happen to test on Linux.
I will fire my Windows machine and have a look, but I do not have it
at hand. This will have to wait a few hours or a couple of days at
most)

> Now both Jython 2.5.1 and Python 2.6 give the same error,
> "Output directory not created!" (progress I suppose).

I cannot test this here, but I am 99% sure that the problem is the
executable name (case sensitive on Windows and Mac, maybe even on
Windows Jython?). If it is compiled with a capital S (seen happening)
it might be a problem.

> P.S. On the bright side, both the FDist2 and DFDist tests are
> passing on Windows on Python 2.6 and Jython 2.5.1 now
> (after a couple of little tweaks).

Were they failing on Jython? I do have a reasonable amount of users on
my applications (jython based)...

--
"If you want to get laid, go to college.  If you want an education, go
to the library." - Frank Zappa