[Biopython-dev] Biopython 1.56 release plans

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 10:19:53 UTC 2010

2010/11/5 Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>> For example, Tiago - you've been doing lots of work on your
>> branch with the PopGen code. Is that code ready? I'm willing
>> to do the git merge/rebase.
>
> I was hoping that would offer to do a merge ;) . <sarcasm> Though we
> need a broken repository to test the integration server, so maybe I
> could do it myself </sarcasm>.
> Yes, the code is ready.

OK - I'll try to get your code, rebase it onto the current master,
then post it as a new branch for you to check. Once that is OK,
I'll rebase it again if the master has changed, then fast-forward
merge it to the master (that way we don't get a split and join on
the master history - just a sudden batch of commits).

> After the merge I will still add a couple of functions (also ready,
> but not committed) and make sure the test cases are fully ready.
> But it should be a day only and better done after the merge.
> This is mainly new code that does much faster GENEPOP
> parsing and supports AFLP processing.

Hopefully we can get that part done early next week.