[Biopython-dev] Changing Seq equality

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 19:04:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to proceed as outlined below for Biopython 1.54,
> i.e. don't change the current Seq equality but add a warning
> that we plan to change it.

I've done that to Bio/Seq.py on the trunk (added two
FutureWarnings and docstring explanation). Assuming
this doesn't trigger any regressions, we'd need to work
on the documentation (in particular the tutorial, but also
perhaps a news post?) and fix the GA unit test before
the release.

If anyone on the dev list thinks this is a bad idea,
please speak up (sooner rather than later).

Thanks,