[Biopython-dev] Planning for Biopython 1.54

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:18:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Eric Talevich  wrote:
>> Other than finishing up any documentation for new stuff (especially
>> the Tutorial), and the Bio.PopGen stuff Tiago hopes to tackle soon,
>> are there any important issues we should address before the release?
>
> Is it all right to leave the documentation for Bio.Phylo on the wiki
> for now, or should I try to add something to the main tutorial?

I would like at least a short section in the tutorial mentioning
the new module with a link to the wiki. That way people just
browsing the tutorial to get an idea of what Biopython covers
will be made aware of it. In the long term I think the module
deserves a chapter (which can be based on the wiki text).
Are you familiar with LaTeX? (The mark up language the
tutorial is written in).

Also, I think it would be great to have a post on the news
server (which we can link to in the release announcement)
talking about what Bio.Phylo adds (and thank GSoC and
NESCent etc). A little advertising ;) How does that sound?

Regards,