[Biopython-dev] Alignment object

Aaron Quinlan aaronquinlan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:33:40 UTC 2010

Just an FYI for those interested in developing tools to work with BAM: it may also be worth looking into the BamTools C++ API developed by Derek Barnett at Boston College (http://sourceforge.net/projects/bamtools/).  The API is quite nice and has much of the necessary functionality for iterators, getters/setters, etc.

I added BAM support for my BEDTools package (http://code.google.com/p/bedtools/) using the BAMTools libraries.  Save for a few minor bugs along the way, it was rather straightforward to include.

Aaron

Aaron Quinlan, Ph.D.
NRSA Postdoctoral Fellow