[Biopython-dev] Running unit tests on non-English OS

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 09:57:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Konstantin Okonechnikov
<k.okonechnikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
> I have built and run the latest code from git on Russian Ubuntu 10.4.

Thank you,

> Entrez tests have failed.

That can happen due to network problems. I'd like to see the error though.

> Muscle, clustal and emboss tests have been skipped successfully.

Good :)

> The tests have been executed from build.py script and I am not sure how to
> generate test report. Redirecting the script output to file didn't help.

I normally just run "python setup.py test" from the source directory or
"python run_tests.py" from the Tests subdirectory at the terminal, and
copy and paste the interesting bits of the output.

If you want to capture the test output to a file, you should probably redirect
both stdout and stderr:

python run_tests.py &> output.txt

Regards,