[Biopython-dev] upcoming Bio.PDB enhancements - RNA

Kristian Rother krother at rubor.de
Wed Jun 2 12:14:05 UTC 2010

Hi Peter,

Bio.SeqIO would be a nice place for RNA 2D parsers. I can create a new
branch for that (on Git: krother/biopython).

Putting secondary structures like '((((....))))' for a hairpin into the
letter_annotation field makes sense. I think it even would work for
pseudoknotted RNA (which is hard to represent as a string, one possible
notation would be '(((..[[[....)))..]]]'.

Where should the str subclass for secondary structures that the parsers
create go? Could it be Bio.Struct.RNA?

Best,
   Kristian

Putting RNA secondary structures