[Biopython-dev] subprocess and calling application wrappers

Jose Blanca jblanca at btc.upv.es
Wed Jun 2 09:24:24 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 10:44:54 Peter wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Jose Blanca <jblanca at btc.upv.es> wrote:

> > We had the same need. We solved it with a call function. You can take
> > a look at:
> >
> > http://github.com/JoseBlanca/franklin/blob/master/franklin/utils/cmd_util
> >s.py
>
> It looks complicated (and I'm sure with good reason), but I'd guess
> you've never tried this on Windows?

Yes it is somewhat complicated. We need some functionalities like accepting
stdout to be a file or just a pipe (some programs have very long stdouts). We
have added everything we have required for our programs.

No, we haven't test anything on windows.

--
Jose M. Blanca Postigo
Instituto Universitario de Conservacion y