[Biopython-dev] Active projects list? (BOSC Biopython Project Update)

Andrea Pierleoni andrea at biocomp.unibo.it
Tue Jul 20 16:07:29 UTC 2010

> I wouldn't want to ship web2py with Biopython - we'd just list it as
> another optional package you might want to install for use with BioSQL
> (as we do with MySQLdb etc).

that sounds reasonable.

> There are already several query methods, but more wouldn't be a bad
> idea. I was thinking we could implement dictionary like access, and
> support for iterator over all the records.

dictionary and iterators would be very pythonic, and useful. are you
working on it?
correct me if I'm wrong, but the standard policy in Biopython BioSQL to
update
a bioentry record is to delete the old one and create a new one (ore make
a new version).
wouldn't be useful to enable in biopython some minor modifications to a
bioentry like
adding/removing features and qualifiers? maybe I can help with this.

Andrea