[Biopython-dev] Python 3 porting

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jul 5 18:16:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

While Tiago and I have sorted out some of the easy stuff, there is still plenty
to do make Biopython via 2to3 work nicely on Python 3 (and that's just looking
at the Python code, ignoring our C code, and also ignoring things using NumPy).

We still have quite a few warnings using the -3 switch on Python 2.6 or 2.7
which we should probably concentrate on first.

Note that deprecation warnings in Python 2.7 are silent by default (so as not
to bother end users, which makes sense as this is the last Python 2.x series).