[Biopython-dev] Active projects list? (BOSC Biopython Project Update)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 13:42:13 UTC 2010

Hi all,

BOSC is rapidly approaching, so I have been working on slides for the
Biopython Project Update. One thing I would really like help with is listing
current active projects, as I think the wiki is out of date here:
http://biopython.org/wiki/Active_projects

In addition to the GSoC work, my list currently has the following (in some
cases just from looking at github - for example I don't recall Tamas posting
on the mailing lists):

Brad Chapman – GFF parsing
Andrea Pierleoni - UniProt XML parsing
Kristian Rother – Modified RNA sequences
Chris Lasher, Kyle Ellrott, Tamás Nepusz – Gene Ontology
Kyle Ellrott - HMMER parser
Uri Laserson, Peter Cock - IMGT files (EMBL like)

I know Michiel has mentioned some ideas for updating our BLAST parsers,
and I have several smaller things on the side (e.g. an on disk index for
Bio.SeqIO.index, enhancements to SeqFeature and FeatureLocation).

What are we missing that should be there?

Thanks,