[Biopython-dev] Features of the GSOC branch ready to be merged

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 10:33:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Kristian Rother <krother at rubor.de> wrote:

> Hi Joao,
>
> Do you have a separate GIT branch for these three features?
>
> I would volunteer to pull them, try a local merge, and run auto & manual
> tests.
>
> Best regards,
>   Kristian

I think Joao just has the one branch at the moment. If it
would be feasible to split out the functionality it would be
easier to merge incrementally.

For example, a new branch (from the master) just for
the atom element stuff in Bio.PDB shouldn't be too hard.
If while working on the GSoC changes you didn't mix
up changes in single commits then you (Joao) might
find "git cherry-pick" useful. Otherwise doing a "git diff"
between the GSoC branch and the master for the
Bio.PDB files only could give you a useful patch to
start from. Does any of that make sense?