[Biopython-dev] GTF (T not F)

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 12:33:35 UTC 2010

2010/8/27 Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com>:
> Tiago;
>
>> I've been noticing that there has been some work with GFF files around here.
>> I've done a parser for GTF files ( http://mblab.wustl.edu/GTF22.html )
>> and I was wondering if someone would find interest in it?
>
> The GFF parser should parse the GTF variant as well:

OK then. I really did not know if there was any GTF support.
I have a specific case with a target use case (help processing HapMap data).
When your code is included in biopython, I think I will just deprecate
mine in favour of using your more general solution. In this case I see
no good reason to maintain 2 separate implementations (and my core
functionality is really HapMap related).

Tiago