[Biopython-dev] Deprecated code

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 06:56:57 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Below are the modules and functions that were deprecated (with a DeprecationWarning) in Biopython 1.51 or earlier, which was released on August 17, 2009. Since that is more than one year (and more than two releases) ago, we can remove these from Biopython. Any objections? If not, I'll send this list also to the user mailing list before removing them.

--Michiel.

Bio.Align.FormatConvert
Bio.Emboss.Applications.PrimerSearchCommandline.set_parameter
Bio.Entrez.efetch: rettype="genbank" option
Bio.Fasta
Bio.SCOP.Dom.Parser
Bio.SwissProt.SProt
Bio.Transcribe
Bio.Translate
BioSQL.BioSeqDatabase.open_database: driver="psycopg" option