[Biopython-dev] Trunk freeze for Biopython 1.55 (beta)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 21:03:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Peter wrote:

> OK, the source code bundles and Windows installers are up. If anyone
> on the dev list has the chance to download and test these now, that
> would be great.
>
> Note that I have not included an installer for Python 2.7 (yet). I'm waiting
> for official Windows installers for NumPy on Python 2.7, this will be
> NumPy 1.5 which should soon as they already have a beta out. I'm
> hoping that will be ready by the time we want to formally release
> Biopython 1.55.
>
> Still to do:
> * Update API docs with epydoc
> * News page entry & email announcement

As mentioned earlier, epydoc is done, and I've also just done a news post:
http://news.open-bio.org/news/2010/08/biopython-1-55-beta-released/

If there are any typos or other suggestions for improvement, please tell
us. We can edit that page - and then turn it into an email to send out.

This means the "trunk freeze" is over, but for the next week or so when
we'll do the official release, let's focus on documentation and any bug fixes.
[Keep new feature work only on branches please.]

Thanks,