[Biopython-dev] Trunk freeze for Biopython 1.55 (beta)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 15:40:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please don't commit anything to the master branch until further notice.
> I have started doing the Biopython 1.55 (beta) release as we discussed,
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2010-August/008150.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

OK, the source code bundles and Windows installers are up. If anyone
on the dev list has the chance to download and test these now, that
would be great.

Note that I have not included an installer for Python 2.7 (yet). I'm waiting
for official Windows installers for NumPy on Python 2.7, this will be
NumPy 1.5 which should soon as they already have a beta out. I'm
hoping that will be ready by the time we want to formally release
Biopython 1.55.

Still to do:
* Update API docs with epydoc
* News page entry & email announcement