[Biopython-dev] Release plans for Biopython 1.55 (beta)?

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:22:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've probably clocked up enough bug fixes and additions to justify a
> new release (even though there are still things waiting which look close
> to being ready, e.g. uniprot-xml and imgt parsing). Alternatively, should
> we delay while we work to get some more of the new stuff tested and
> merged?

I'd be happy with another release within the next couple weeks, provided I
can fix the Py3 bugs you've turned up in Bio.Phylo. There are some recent
fixes and improvements Bio.Phylo, e.g. root_with_outgroup, that I think make
the module more useful.

I'd like to take another crack at documentation before the release, though
-- at least put the example from my BOSC talk into the tutorial.

> Does doing a beta release some time next week sound like a good plan,
> with the official release say a week or two later? Are there any blocker
> issues we should be addressing first?

Just the Bio.Phylo bugs and documentation, as usual.

-Eric