[Biopython-dev] Trunk freeze for Biopython 1.54 beta

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 18:49:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Peter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm going try and put out a Biopython 1.54 beta release now,
> so could people please not check in anything to the trunk.
>
> Hopefully we can do the release proper in a week or two...
>
> Peter

OK, so the beta is out there. Maybe this wasn't really
needed, but I wanted to be a little cautious regarding
the alignment changes (which *might* break something).
We'll need to address any issues reported from that
but in the meantime we can do more work on the
documentation. In particular, I'd like to have a chapter
on Bio.Phylo (which will likely be based heavily on
Eric's wiki page).

Eric - do you know any LaTeX? If not, don't worry too
much. We can guide you though installing pdflatex
and hevea for producing PDF and HTML, and then
adding things to the tutorial should be fairly easy.
Or, the simpler option (for you) would be to hand
over plain text and a kind volunteer (maybe me)
can handle the LaTeX markup.

David - would you be able to write us a proper
announcement for the final Biopython 1.54 release?
We'll want to highlight the fact that Eric's Bio.Phylo
module was from the GSoC 2009 (and link to this
year's projects).

Thanks all, and to those enjoying an Easter Break,
have a nice holiday - not of this is urgent ;)

Peter

P.S. Note to self or anyone interested: Why did
the source code tar ball and zip file jump in size
by about 2MB? Was it just the accumulation of
more code and more tests - or did I mess up?