[Biopython-dev] CVS freeze for Biopython 1.52

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 22 16:42:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As previously announced, I'm going to try and get Biopython 1.52
> done this afternoon - and am now declaring a CVS freeze.
>
> If all goes to plan, once I've done the release CVS will remain
> "frozen", and we'll probably get it made read only on the server.
> Instead, we're going to try and switch over to git (initially on
> github with a backup on the OBF servers).
>
> Stay tuned for further announcements...

OK, the release is done. Let's leave things as they are for a day
or so (NO MORE CVS CHECKINS PLEASE), then I will co-ordinate
with Bartek about the timings for the git transition.

I am considering adding a warning message to setup.py and the
readme file as the final commit to CVS, pointing out that we will
be moving future development to a git repository. One of the first
commit to git would be to remove that warning. Does that make
sense?