[Biopython-dev] Seq object ungap method

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 19:00:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Something we discussed last year was adding an ungap method
to the Seq object. See for example this thread:

http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2008-September/004515.html

I've (finally) taken the time to actually implement this, and have
posted it on a github branch for comment:

http://github.com/peterjc/biopython/tree/ungap

The code includes a selection of examples in the docstring
which double as doctests. You can read this online here:

http://github.com/peterjc/biopython/commit/13de9f793d13d3c9485f8d7cc42a48b99613d931

Peter

[At some point we may want to move some of the assorted
private functions in Bio.Alphabet into (private) methods of
the alphabet objects or something... we'll see.]