[Biopython-dev] sff reader

Senthil Palanisami spenthil at gmail.com
Fri May 22 23:52:30 UTC 2009

I have been working with SFF files for the past month, and can say it's
definitely frustrating working with custom binary formats.

Take a look at sff_extract which is written in python. It converts sff files
into fasta and xml or caf files:
http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/sff_extract/index.html

You can find detailed specs of the format @
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces/trace.cgi?cmd=show&f=formats&m=doc&s=format#header-global