[Biopython-dev] Testing Biopython with NumPy 1.3

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 10:38:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> David Cournapeau has just updated sourceforge - so I will try again with
> the actual release candidate instead of just the beta...

Nope - using numpy-1.3.0rc1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe on Windows
XP, Python 2.6 using the python.org installer, with Biopython compiled
with cygwin mingw32 as normal, same error - test_Cluster.py is failing
on the second line of Bio/Cluster/__init__.py, "from cluster import
*".

So the question stands - has anyone else tried Biopython (from CVS)
with NumPy 1.3 (beta or release candidate) on any platform?  I should
be able to check it tonight on a Linux machine myself without too much
trouble... but a few more data points wouldn't hurt ;)