[Biopython-dev] biopython on github

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:19:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:
> There is a lot of good material in this thread for new potential
> developers. Tiago, it would make sense to condense what you've
> written and include it with the Contributing guide:
>
> http://biopython.org/wiki/Contributing

I can go ahead and try to put a summary of our discussions on that
page, if nobody opposes. The change can be rewritten afterwards or
deleted anyway. The only issue is that I can only to that on the
weekend and not before (travelling abroad from Wednsday to Friday).
What I think is needed is actually a final decision on how thigs will
progress. Will there be an official git branch? The official will
still be cvs? Where will it be hosted? These are lots of important
questions, but I think there is enough discussion to arrive at a
decision.

> (called, say, ActiveBranches). Tiago, I thought you did a page for PopGen
> earlier like this but I can't find it right now. We should keep
> communication at a high level to avoid confusing fragmentation.

Coincidentally I was editing that page today. I took the liberty of
creating a link from the documentation page to it. So it should be
reachable now.

Tiago