[Biopython-dev] gitignore file for github

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 17 10:17:25 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I think we should add a .gitignore file to the github mirror copy
repository, which should ignore:

* the build subdirectory and all its contents
* all *.pyc files (recursively, e.g. for the unit tests)
* all LaTeX temporary files recursively under Doc (e.g. *.aux, *.log)

Is there anything else this should include?  There are a few output
files created by the unit tests that we might want to include...

Otherwise all these files show up as "unstaged" to use git's
terminology, and there is a risk of someone accidentally committing
them.