[Biopython-dev] library to create gel image

Jose Blanca jblanca at btc.upv.es
Fri Mar 13 15:59:01 UTC 2009

Hi:
I've fishished a first version of a program that reads a list of Applied
Biosystems fsa files and draws a virtual gel. It does not reads the sequence
because my users are interested in fragment analysis, but the basic
infraestructure is in place to do it.
It does what my users need. It's quite slow though, but I'm not investing time
in optimizing it.
If anybody wants to take a look at the code is in:
http://bioinf.comav.upv.es/svn/gelify/gelifyfsa/
I distribute it under the GPL licence.
If you think that any part of the code could be of any use for the Biopython
project I would be very please to give it to the comunity.
Best regards,

Jose Blanca