[Biopython-dev] biopython on github

Bartek Wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Thu Mar 12 23:20:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Chris Lasher <chris.lasher at gmail.com> wrote:

> I must be missing something, Peter. Why would BioPython continue to
> operate with CVS? I suppose I just really hope to see BioPython
> running with something other than CVS, and I'd really like to see it
> go either under Bazaar or Git.

Hi Chris,

The idea is to do the switch in two steps:
- first we still have the main branch in CVS while we have git and/or
bzr branches synchronized with it for people to branch and contribute
- If this works nicely, we will switch to one of these systems
completely (while possibly keeping the other branch in sync, but this
is not yet decided)

The first step is to some extent operational (I'm currently busy with
other stuff, but I'll get arround it hopefully this weekend), but the
second step requires decision on our side (git or bzr?) and action on
the side of OBF (there is no git or bazar installed on obf servers).

cheers
--
Bartek Wilczynski