[Biopython-dev] CVS mirror server issue (and github)

Bartek Wilczynski bartek at rezolwenta.eu.org
Tue Jun 23 10:54:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>wrote:

> This runs ViewCVS and also hosts what I assume is a read only mirror
> of CVS (e.g. for anonymous access). Right now this is down. As github
> hasn't updated recently, I would guess Bartek's machine (which has
> been doing the CVS to github updates) was pointing at one of the above
> addresses.

The OBF have been altered to this issue, but as an alternative way to
> get github back up to date, Bartek might be able to switch to fetching
> the latest code from dev.open-bio.org instead...

Hi,

The github update process was in fact always based on dev.open-bio.org. The
problem with  updates was caused by my "solution" to the AUTHORS file
re-occurrence
in github...

So it seems, that when I removed the AUTHORS file, new updates could not
make it to
github (there was an extra commit, that was not in CVS). Now, as I forced
github to accept
new updates, we have AUTHORS file in github again... (even though it's not
in CVS and not
in my git branch which is the source of updates...). That's weird and meybe
we will be able to
research this better during BOSC...

To my knowledge there are no other glitches like this one, but if you see
something strange, let me know...

> I hope we can fix this before BOSC, as I would like to use github
> branches for the hackathon session.

the updates should be working now, the only remaining problem is the AUTHORS
file, but we can take care of it during BOSC

cheers
Bartek