[Biopython-dev] CVS mirror server issue (and github)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jun 23 10:14:28 UTC 2009

Hi all,

The main CVS server is up and running (on dev.open-bio.org and
possibly other aliases), so there shouldn't be any issues with
preparing Biopython 1.51 beta.

However, the OBF use a different (virtual) server for:
code.open-bio.org
cvs.open-bio.org
cvs.biopython.org

This runs ViewCVS and also hosts what I assume is a read only mirror
of CVS (e.g. for anonymous access). Right now this is down. As github
hasn't updated recently, I would guess Bartek's machine (which has
been doing the CVS to github updates) was pointing at one of the above
addresses.

The OBF have been altered to this issue, but as an alternative way to
get github back up to date, Bartek might be able to switch to fetching
the latest code from dev.open-bio.org instead...

I hope we can fix this before BOSC, as I would like to use github
branches for the hackathon session.