[Biopython-dev] [Wg-phyloinformatics] GSoC Weekly Update: PhyloXML for Biopython

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 22 11:29:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Eric Talevich <eric.talevich at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> Here's a mid-week update and partial response to your questions.
>
> *SeqRecord transformation*

I was just having a very brief scan over the commits that my RSS
feed had - and noticed this bit:

+        # Unpack record.features
+        if record.features:
+            kwargs['domain_architecture'] = DomainArchitecture(
+                    domains=[ProteinDomain({
+                                'from': feat.location.start + 1,
+                                'to': feat.location.end + 1,
+                                'confidence': feat.qualifiers.get('confidence')
+                                }, value=feat.id)
+                            for feat in record.features],
+                    length=len(record.seq)

I can understand a +/- one to the start location (moving between
Python zero based counting and normal one based counts), but
why would the end location also change?