[Biopython-dev] Next release plans?

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:15:10 UTC 2009

2009/6/19 Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>

> If we do do Biopython 1.51 beta next week, with Biopython 1.51 final in
> July, then I would provisionally expect to do Biopython 1.52 in the Autumn.
> This could be brought forward if a large and useful contribution was added.
> Let's chat about the genepop code at BOSC?

The Google Summer of Code projects are supposed to be production-ready by
August 17, according to the timeline:

http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2009/timeline

There's also a mentor summit in October. If the two phylogenetics projects
land and another release gets rolled by then, a stable release featuring our
new code could be presented at the summit, which would be hot.

-Eric