[Biopython-dev] Structure and LDNe

Jason Eshleman jae at lmi.net
Thu Jan 8 22:24:21 UTC 2009

Greetings all,

Presently, the code I have for dealing with STRUCTURE is similar to the
code for interacting with Clustal in that it does not modify any of the
STRUCTURE source code by merely initiates the compiled executable.

Initially, I have used my code in place of their Java front end as it
allows for more control of the run-time variables for successive runs with
varying run parameters.  At some point, I'd like to get it to interface
more directly with the STRUCTURE code to be able to pipe results directly
to python for parsing rather than working with the STRUCTURE text output
but that's a ways off still.

-Jason