[Biopython-dev] Quality scores (and per-letter-annotation) in a SeqRecord?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 12:26:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
<dalloliogm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see, that is pretty nice.
> now you define seq with the 'property' function.
>
> p.s. it is not exactly related... but I was reading this article about python 3:
> - http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1309289&seqNum=4
> Look at the example: the class StockItem has an attribute called
> 'quantity' which can be comprised only between 1 and 1000; when
> someone tries to modify it to a negative number, an exception is
> raised.
> Maybe it can be interesting for biopython 3 :-)

Actually decorators are available from Python 2.4+
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0318/

This is something we may want to look at once we've dropped support
for Python 2.3 (Biopython 1.50 should be our last release to
officially support Python 2.3).