[Biopython-dev] FYI: Scipy and DVCS

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:31:44 UTC 2009

Hi,
In connection with our discussions, there is a long thread (already
about 100 entries) started by a post Stéfan van der Walt titled 'The
future of SciPy and its development infrastructure' :
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/10065

"
I'd like to propose two changes to the status quo:

1. Change to a distributed revision control system, encouraging more
open collaboration.
2. Determine guidelines for code acceptance, in terms of unit tests,
documentation and peer review.
"

No real conclusions but there is concern about having a suitable bug
tracker system as well.

Regards
Bruce