[Biopython-dev] run_tests.py rewrite

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 20:12:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Currently, Numpy doesn't seem to work with python < 2.4, so for reliability
>> maybe Biopython also should require python >= 2.4.
>>

> What specifically are you refering to?  I've not had any trouble with
> older versions of numpy on python 2.3 - although I believe later
> versions of numpy do require python 2.4+ (this must be stated on their
> website somewhere).

numpy versions 1.2 requires Python 2.4 and above. This was in the
release notes but the web site has not been updated! Likewise there is
no information on the lack of support for Python 2.6 for windows -
which should be in the numpy 1.3 release (due to major issues of
creating the binary installer).

Bruce