[Biopython-dev] test_Ace, test_Nexus, test_Phd

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 12:21:05 UTC 2009

These three tests currently are written as a combination of a unittest-based test and a print-and-compare test. That is, they contain classes deriving from unittest.TestCase, but then print out stuff that should get compared to the output file. However, run_tests.py assumes that they are true unittest-style tests, so the comparison is never done.

Does anybody mind if I convert these three to pure print-and-compare or pure unittest-style tests? test_Ace.py and test_Nexus.py produce lots of output, so I'm tempted to go with a print-and-compare test there; test_Phd.py might work well as a unittest-style test.

--Michiel.