[Biopython-dev] run_tests.py rewrite

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 11:38:06 UTC 2009

Good catch.

> We need to override testMethodPrefix to "t"
> instead of the default of "test" in order
> to detect these (and others like them).
> We could just have run_tests.py check using either prefix,
> or we can standardise on one.  I think we have more unit
> tests using the "t" prefix than the "test" prefix - so it
> would be simpler to standardise on using "t_*", although
> on the other hand, using> "test_*" fits with
> the default.  Which do you prefer Michiel?

I prefer sticking to the default ... changing the method names from t_* to test_* needs to be done only once, whereas if we continue to use t_* we'll have to remind ourselves of that for all future tests that will be written.

So I've changed all the t_* method names to test_*. These tests should run now.

Thanks again for noticing this bug.

--Michiel.