[Biopython-dev] run_tests.py rewrite

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 10:35:09 UTC 2009

>> I think Michiel has only switched over test_Cluster.py thus far.  The
>> doctests are currently run via test_docstrings.py which is still a
>> print-and-compare test for now.
>
> ah! I see.

I was wrong - as Michiel clarified in a later comment, run_tests.py
should have been finding all the unittest based tests (but right now
it isn't).  As in my earlier email, some of our unittest cases use a
prefix of "t" and others use "test" meaning only some of the unittest
test cases are currently being detected.  One this is fixed, then
test_docstring should work too.

>> Could you show us the error with test_CAPS.py please, with details of
>> your setup.  This test is working for me.
>
> sorry.. it works fine if I run it from within the Tests dir.

Good.  Thanks.